[TriLUG] Best Linux Desktop and Desktop Apps?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Mar 10 12:53:40 EST 2006

get a thinkpad t42 and install ubuntu (then install kubuntu-desktop).
you really can't go wrong with this combo - everything works (with the
possible exception of suspend/hibernate which i never use myself).  if
you just gotta run windows apps, install vmware-player and run them in a
virtual machine.  i don't do much multimedia stuff so i'll leave those
app suggestions to future posts.

jason