[TriLUG] LAMP-based recipe software ?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:19:05 EST 2006

On 3/10/06, Dave Sorenson <dave at logicalgeek.com> wrote:
> Hey Jeremy, take a look at PHPRecipeBook
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65127 I looked at
> this for a similar request from my Aunt (she later decided not to do
> it). It's PHP, MySQL. If she can do gallery, she can use this.

Another one to look at is Recipants
http://recipants.pantsblazing.com/

We've been using it for a couple of years, although I still haven't
reinstalled it since resurrecting my server since I want to debianize
it.

It's perl-cgi and mysql.  It hasn't seen any development since April
2004 though.  The UI might not be to everyone's taste, it looks a bit
like an old IBM CGA color text UI.  The authors style is quaint at
times, error messages are preceeded by things like "Crapcakes!".

I'm probably going to take a good look at PHPRecipeBook and see if
it's a decent replacement for recipants.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/