[TriLUG] Best Linux Desktop and Desktop Apps?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:32:15 EST 2006

Until recently I also had a T42 and Ubuntu 5.10 hibernate was working
fine.  I never did bother with suspend or sleep.  Unfortunately,
although it worked fine, it was still S L O W in comparison to the way
XP hibernated... and I mean extremely slow, especially the wake up
process.  That's ok, it did work perfectly, so the speed will come.
Hibernate didn't work in 5.04 and the sleep functions took some
tweaking: http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/IBM_T42_acpi.txt ; so 5.10
made huge strides.  :)

David McD