[TriLUG] Best Linux Desktop and Desktop Apps?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 11:05:02 EST 2006

<flame suit on>

Desktop use is what keeps me on the Mac platform.  I use Linux for my
servers and headless computers but for day-to-day use it's all Mac.  Linux
desktop computing is not polished enough for my liking.  When I run into
things that won't work I'll boot knoppix on one of my dusty P4s and get what
I need done done.  I also keep a very old toshiba satellite running at home,
but it's really more of a server.

If I had to go to a Linux desktop I'd probably run Ubuntu.  But since I
don't I'll keep saving some $$ until I can get my new MacBook Pro.  My
TiBook is showing it's age, but I think I can coax another year out of it.
Then it will be bonus time at work and I'll get my new laptop.

Greg