[TriLUG] wifi woes

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Mar 13 21:09:42 EST 2006

now, there's a great way to eliminate 802.11b, save on power and have no
wireless interference: grab a couple of soup cans with a tight string
between 'em, and rattle your jaws all day.

just for the record, the particular wireless link my company installed
between those two manufacturing plants has been in operation for nearly
3 years with merely one reboot after a bad electrical storm and has
saved my customer thousands of dollars in sunk cost cabling.  they are,
however, building a new and larger plant.

customers are great.  growing customers are greater.