[TriLUG] Raid gurus?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:58:24 EST 2006

Did you look at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.4 already?

If a raid array is degraded by the complete loss of a drive, it
(software raid as described in the howto) won't automatically restore
it after it is reconnected.

see http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.3 for
info on how to simulate a failure.

We have a talk on LVM available in our archives, too. You might be
interested in doing raid + LVM.

http://www.trilug.org/talks/2005-10-raid/md-lvm-presentation

Peace,
CMP