[TriLUG] How do you know when a RAID array is BROKE?

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:50:51 EST 2006

Been there - done that.  Have to say I'm something of a fan of
software RAID unless there's a seriously good reason not to - much
easier to recover from broken hardware with, easier to manage etc.  If
software raid performance really is an issue for you (really), some
sort of SAN solution would be preferable to multiple HW RAIDs (IMHO).

David.