[TriLUG] Reading camcorder via USB

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Mar 22 23:35:18 EST 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 10:13 pm, Owen Berry wrote:
> Are you sure you can read video over the USB connection on this camera?
> Mine only allows downloading of still shots over USB - firewire is
> required for video download.

Hm...good question.  I'm actually not sure anymore.  I thought so when I
initially bought the camera, but I was planning to get a firewire card at the
time.  Now I'm looking for the manual to see what's supposed to be possible
(under Windows).

Any recommendations on a good firewire card and a good DVD writer that work
well under Linux?

---Tom