[TriLUG] [Possibly OT] Changing ISPs

Christopher J. Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Mon Mar 27 09:23:48 EST 2006

Once again, I appear, hat in hand, prostrate at the altar of the amassed
knowledge of TriLUG...

My company is being forced to move ISP's.  (Level3 is dropping anything so
rinky dink as our 300 people...)  It's already been decided by the muckety
mucks who we're going with...

My problem is this...

The change over will happen sometime in the next few months... and I would
like to make sure that inbound e-mail and web traffic doesn't get lost.  (or
at least that the loss is a minimum...)

Now, we run our own DNS servers, and I'm perfectly capable of maintaining
normal events, but this is a little bit beyond me.

So my question is this... what's the right sequence of events to make
everything go smoothly?

CJK