[TriLUG] OT: shoot, I missed the 30th anniversary of The Gates Whine

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:33:05 EST 2006

Or the music industry.  Here is a gem from RIAA Pres. Carey Sherman whining
about Internet2 at Carnegie Mellon and U. of Pittsburgh:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05121/496886.stm

Dear God, man.. a song traded in 20 seconds??!?  Interent2 being HIJACKED
for ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS?  WHERE WILL IT END?!??

Granted I don' t have much sympathy for the kids that got nailed for trading
copyrighted works illegally.  They knew the risks, took a risk, and got
nailed.  But I don't like what is suggested filtering, etc of Internet2 (or
the good 'ol Internet for that matter).  I do have some sympathy for
artists, but not the RIAA.  They are a monopoly that doesn't understand
their end-times are near.

I wonder what kind of salary Carey Sherman pulls down for that matter.

Greg