[TriLUG] [OT] I killed my laptop ...

Lisa Boyd leaseahb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:25:06 EST 2006

Thanks all for the suggestions and support. I tried taking the laptop
apart yesterday/last night but there are 2 screws that will not come
out. I have successfully stripped the head of the screw -- so I'm
gonna take it to the professionals to see what can be salvaged. I may
be able to pul it apart, clean it up, and put it back together but I
would not know if I burned up some part of it.

Luckily I got all my data off yesterday so now I'm just rebuilding one
of my desktops to replace the laptop. It just makes me sick to my
stomach that I did this. I haven't even had the laptop a full year yet
-- but enough whining! My husband's been after me to stop drinking so
much Coke -- maybe this will get me to change to water .... nah.

Oh well, I hope things go better for all of you. And if anyone on this
list works at Intrex in Durham -- here I come! (unless someone else
has a suggestion)

Lisa B.