[TriLUG] Options for replacing Panasonic PBX with Asterisk

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:41:01 EDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Cristobal Palmer <cristobalpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can get one analog interface card from digium that has four ports:
>
> http://www.digium.com/en/wheretobuy/digiumdirect/productview.php?category_id=17&product_code=RTDM11B
>
> The kit I link to above is $241 and includes the card, an FXS module
> and an FXO module (among other things). Additional FXO cards would run
> you $85 each.

If I want' my 12 internal lines with POTS phones, I need something
like 3 TDM40Bs at $381 each, PLUS an FXO interface.  That's about
$1200 just for the interfaces if I'm doing the math correctly.

The TDM40B works out to be $95.25 per FXS.

> What were you referring to that runs $100 each?

The IAXy S101I  it's a Digium FXS-ethernet adapter.

http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/adapters.php

> You could use the card in a PC you already have or build a low-end PC
> from spare parts or new parts for < $300.
>
> Why do you have to lose the intercom? What kind of wiring is that on?

It's a pbx system function not a separate intercom, the Panasonic PBX
can page either a specific extension or all extensions, turning on the
speaker phone without manual intervention.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/