[TriLUG] Linux and WinXP on same drive

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:21:45 EDT 2006

uh oh, the PR man just got trumped... ;)  yeah Xen!  I'm ready for this one.

I've dual booted XP and linux on same drive, on 2 different drives,
etc, installing win first is easiest, but you can get lilo or grub
back.  W2k and XP can both run on the same C: drive... if you have w2k
installed to c:\winnt, then winXP might be installed to c:\windows ...
either way, I wouldn't do it... and to go back to win98 also, well,
you might need that partition magic and even then... *shudder*.  I've
done XP and Ubuntu successfully on a T42, both hibernated so swapping
and loading up an OS was EASY, except Ubuntu's un-hibernate takes just
about as long as a fresh boot... I'm sure this will be improved upon
though.  :)  :)

laters,
David