[TriLUG] PCMCIA support on RHEL 3

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue Apr 11 11:04:35 EDT 2006

Gang:

I've spent some time Googling, and I am willing to spend more time
Googling, but I thought someone on this list might know the answer
off the top of their head.

I have a client in Australia running RHEL3:

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 5)

They apparently do buy support from Red Hat, but it is not (yet) set
up on this box. While I am waiting for that to happen I am trying to
get a PCMCIA GPRS SMS card to be recognized.

$ /sbin/cardctl status
no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices

$ uname -r
2.4.21-32.ELsmp

Is pcmcia support pre-compiled into RHEL? I think I remember seeing a
kernel package way back when with  "-pcmcia" in its name, but I could
be mistaken.

-T
-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C