[TriLUG] OT: A C++ Templated Class Problem

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Mon Apr 17 12:04:18 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 12:54:20PM -0400, Owen Berry wrote:
> Templates are powerful, but IMHO they just aren't that easy to read and
> understand in the first place.

I don't know why I said this - must have been Friday rot setting in or
something. Templates are powerful and I use them. The code can start to
look messy, when you have template containers containing templated
types, for example, but typedef's are really handy for cleaning this up.
So I recant on the above position.

That said, template usage for the sake of template usage should be
avoided. Which is the case for almost anything.

Now hopefully the Monday rot hasn't set in already. :-)

Owen