[TriLUG] OT: wcpss technology purchases

Jim Wright wrightjim at gmail.com
Sun May 7 19:23:24 EDT 2006

> That said, is this the agenda for an upcoming meeting that some people
> might attend to ask questions?

Unfortunately, the immediate opportunity may have passed...this agenda
was for the May 2 meeting.  They do have a period at the beginning of
each meeting for public comment...you have to register and are limited
to 3 minutes.  I am going to research this some more to see if there
is more information about what the systems they are using do, and
what, if any, justification there was for these systems.  At least at
the next board meeting, a statement could be made that there needs to
be more oversight of this purchasing process, and give a outsiders
opinion of the scope of these costs.  I would be willing to be the
mouthpiece, if I can have some backup/consultation in the technical
area...anyone game?