[TriLUG] What you should know about next week's CACert talk at TriLUG.

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon May 8 23:46:00 EDT 2006

On 5/8/06, Edward G. Savage <egs at egsavage.com> wrote:
> I have my NC Driver's License, but what else qualifies?  I don't have a
> passport.  Would a Wake County (a local govt) library card count? Or maybe a
> voter registration?  Of course, I have a social security card, but I'd rather
> not be carrying that around these days...

The important things are that the ID have your FULL NAME
and your DATE OF BIRTH.  Things that would qualify include

* Passport (including expired)
* Drivers License
* Birth Certificate
* Possibly military ID (can anyone confirm this?)

A social security card would not qualify in this case
as it does not contain your date of birth, if I recall correctly.

A good reference for Identity Documents in the United States
can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_documents_in_the_United_States

Note, however, that they include non-governmental forms of ID too.

Probably your best bet for a 2nd ID is a birth certificate.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace