[TriLUG] OT: SPAM test site?

Paul G. Szabady Paul at ThyService.com
Tue May 9 15:23:18 EDT 2006

Greetings,

The place I work for recently forced a move from our linux-based smtp
gateway to a Brightmail "solution" for our Microsoft Exchange environment.
 As expected, the new "solution is incapable of blocking inbound email to
certain DLs, hence SPAM is hitting large groups of people.  Since we have
to keep the smtp address intact, we've been playing around with the ACLs
on a test DL and have confirmed it'll block email from legitimate
people/email that are not allowed to send to the list and of course,
poeple that are on the list can send to it.  Now, I'd like to see if I can
trick it with SPAM.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I somehow
need to make it look legit enough to get by the basic/crap filtering that
Brightmail is doing.  I found a site
(http://www.emailreach.com/register_trial.aspx?mode=search) that seemed
like to would do the trick.  I registered (with a disposable yahoo
account), but never received the confirmation email to allow me to test.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or suggestions?

--
Paul
@ Thy Service