[TriLUG] hyperthreading, smp, and irqbalance

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue May 9 22:00:36 EDT 2006

Dane,

Turning on HT would depend, are you CPU bound?  If so, and you aren't IO
bound then it may be a good move.

Greg,

Can you fiddle with processor affinity?  I don't know if any of the
distros support that.  If you can force your postmaster process to stick
to one CPU, and let the kernel manage the other processes as it sees fit.

Kevin