[TriLUG] Steering Committee Candidate Bio - Matt Frye

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:38:01 EDT 2006

While writing a candidate bio isn't required, I figured I send out a
little more information for those who don't know me well.

My name is Matt Frye and I'm running for Steering Committee.

I'm a Systems Engineer at Tekelec by day and a writer for various
Linux/Unix related magazines by night.  I'm also working on a book
about virtualization with Xen due out in January 2007.

I am an active contributor to the LUG having given two monthly
presentations in the last 14 months.  I was also Chairman of the
Steering Committee of NC*SA for two years, so I'm experienced at
running organizations like TriLUG.  This past fall, I passed along two
new 1U rack-mount servers to the Steering Committee for use in the
TriLUG cluster, free of charge (hardware courtesy of Penguin
Computing), and last year organized a location and catering for the
TriLUG Samba 101 class.  For the last two years, I have organized a
holiday food drive at TriLUG and NC*SA to benefit Raleigh Rescue
Mission and plan to continue this worthy tradition.

I hope my dedication to the LUG is evident.  If elected to the
Steering Committee I plan to work for the expansion of TriLUG
services, obtaining material and financial support for the LUG
wherever possible.

Thanks and see you tomorrow night.

Matt Frye