[TriLUG] Steering Committee Candidate Bio - Rick DeNatale

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:34:31 EDT 2006

Having been shanghai^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hnominated for a position on the
TriLUG steering commitee, I guess I should say a few words about
myself and TriLUG.

I'm an old greybeard programmer, retired from a little known Fortune
500 computer company after a 31 year career, which started in Yorktown
Heights, New York and ended in the Raleigh area via Poughkeepsie, NY.

I've been a TriLUG member and a Linux user for about 3-4 years now.
I've found TriLUG to be a valuable resource in learning about Linux,
and keeping my aging machines running.  If I can do anything to return
the favor, I'm ready, willing, and I hope, able, in exchange for the
valuable resume padding.

As for my organizational experience, I've spent quite a bit of time in
standards organizations, but I guess I can stomach more committee
work.  I'm also a long-time contributor to other non-profit
organizations, most notably the International Plastic Modelers Society
where I serve as a regional coordinator for a region currently
comprised of the Carolinas.

If elected, I'd like to see TriLUG breathe more life into the weekend
tutorials.  I'd also like to institute more regular gpg key signings
at meetings, so that folks in the need-a-job/have-a-job program can
exchange information in confidence.

I also promise/threaten to approach the task with my usual sense of
humor.  I will warn you that two of my heroines are the two Gracies,
Hopper, and Allen.
--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator