[TriLUG] Web Services kickstart consultant wanted

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 15:18:00 EDT 2006

We are looking for a consultant to help us kickstart a small project. The
requirements are to build a web service based on a predefined method to
transfer data into an oracle DB.

The architecture is completely open at this time. It could consists of
anything including Oracle Application Server, WebSphere, JBoss, etc. Of
course open source on Linux (to keep things on topic) would be the preferred
choice. The Oracle DB runs on an SLES-9 server at this point.

The data flow would need to handle potentially thousands of data messages per
minute, all of it being dumped into an oracle table.

We would like to find someone to help walk through the architecture decision
and build a working solution based on one web service method. Basically need
a knowledge transfer (shortcut), we really don't have the time to go through
and learn things the hard way. We would then transfer that knowledge and
build about 40 other services based on similar methods.

I would expect this project to last a week or two max. If anyone can recommend
someone who has the expertise to knock this out we would appreciate a
pointer. There is a possibility of full time employment after the project is
over.

Please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Ron