[TriLUG] Re: request for FC5 install media

Matthew Lavigne maillist at shenandoahkennels.net
Fri May 12 13:30:52 EDT 2006

Doug,

My guess is that if you have done a 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' that you would have
found that it was running at the lowest throttled speed that it could.  I am
not sure about if the PIII supported some type of speed stepping but I am
almost sure that they did.  More likely that or CDROM being on the same
channel
as the hard drive would be some of the likely I/O blocks that would drive the
install to be that long.

Matthew Lavigne

Quoting Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov: