[TriLUG] Strange PHP problem

Matt Nash mattnash at intrex.net
Tue May 16 11:21:31 EDT 2006

Thanks for your quick response, Dave.

'/usr/sbin/apache2 -l' does not list php or php5.  However,
'/usr/sbin/a2enmod php5' returns 'This module is already enabled!'.
When I look at the / directory listing on my browser, the bottom line
reads "Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2-1ubuntu2 Server at stewbuntu
Port 80"

Adding a LoadModule directive to apache2.conf for libphp5.so results in
a warning that the module is already loaded.

I tried copying php.ini to /etc/apache2/conf.d but restarting apache
resulted in an error indicating it couldn't parse the file.

There is an AddType line already in apache2.conf for php.  Adjusting the
defined name of this type has no effect on the error message.