[TriLUG] libcurl.so.2 and Mandriva 2006

matt1027 box1027 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 19 22:43:03 EDT 2006

At 05:31 PM 5/19/2006, you wrote:
>> > I just tried to install an rpm and got an error message that
>> > libcurl.so.2 could not be found.
>...snip...
>>... that comes in the package curl-7.9.8.
>>
>>You can get the RPM for curl for Mandriva by searching for "curl" on
>>rpmfind.net.
>
>No!  Don't do that.  Go to the Easy Urpmi site ( http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ ),
>follow the instructions there to set up urpmi for your system and
>then just type
>
>urpmi curl

I tried the urpmi solution but I think it only installs libcurl.so.3,
which I actually already had on the system.  Still no libcurl.so.2 showing up.

I couldn't find curl-7.9.8 but I did find
curl-7.10.6-1.src.rpm.  Could someone tell me how to make this
src.rpm work because it appears to have libcurl.so.2 contained in
it.  I tried installing like a regular rpm but couldn't find that it
did anything.

Thanks,
Matt