[TriLUG] WLAN Research

Matt Dinsmore matt at centrix.net
Mon May 22 11:41:45 EDT 2006

I've done this before, not locally though. We used Cisco 350 bridges.
Worked great, except for when it got snowy/icey which I don't think will
be a problem here. We had multiple sites with yagi antennas. At the
center we had an omni. We had a 3 mile radius. The extreme edges got
kinda sketchy, but 100 yards should work fine and be stable.

I would recommend the Cisco stuff, or even the Linksys ( which is now
owned by Cisco ) stuff if this is tmp / on a budget.

How is your line of site ? This is VERY important for long distance hauls.

Matt Dinsmore
matt at centrix.net