[TriLUG] Re: I need a really fast Internet connection at the Outer Banks

Your Name jdwyer at eiiecomm.com
Tue May 23 15:06:24 EDT 2006

How fast is really fast?  How long do you need it?  I can get you T1
or better Satellite service.

John

> Try Sprint or now Embarq.  We have a 1G ethernet connection to the
Outer Banks Hospital.  It would require you to get a metro ethernet
connection from your site to the Central Office, at that point
they "carve" out the desired bandwith, so you would get a fiber
ethernet connection to sprint then pay for x amount of bandwidth.  All
cost is associated directly with how much build out you require. I
know that we just got a 100mb circuit with 5mb dedicated bandwitdh for
around $3000/month.