[TriLUG] A good Linux based backup program...

Jonathan Woodbury jpwoodbu at mybox.org
Wed May 24 11:10:49 EDT 2006

Do you have any particular requirements?

Do you want incremental backups? Encrypted backups? A mirror style backup
for easy access? Depending on what solution you consider you'll probably
need to weigh disk space usage on the backup media vs. how fast you'll be
able to do certain types of restores.

I will say, that my favorites for HD based backups are rdiff-backup and
duplicity (if you need encryption or compression). Both are not commercial,
but hopefully that's not a deal breaker.