[TriLUG] slackware and S3 video drivers

stan briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Sun May 28 11:08:49 EDT 2006

all,

i'm thoroughly enjoying my slackware install though i'm still fighting
the video. i've got an S3 Trio 3D card (yes, it's old) that install and
run with the generic S3 drivers giving me the complete breadth of
resolution up to, and including, 800x600. when, using xorgconfig, i
specify the exact card (right down to the model number [86C365)) it
tells me that the card is basically unsupported. can this be possible?
can i not see the forest for the trees?

ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,
stan

Stan B. Briggs
www.oBoJ.org: openBBQ/openJAM is a celebration of food, music, and good
times. Attendance is open to all who wish to enjoy some BBQ, accoustic
live music, and the company of others in the spirit of the Open Source
community while supporting an excellent public cause
[www.FriendsOfDix.org].