[TriLUG] Asterisk presentation online?

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue May 30 17:22:32 EDT 2006

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Googling around, the timing issues appear to be with the
> hardware cards.  I don't have any of those at the moment
> so that wouldn't affect me but it's definitely something to
> keep in mind, thanks!

If you are just going to do basic call routing, you can get away with a
virtualized platform.

The problem lies when you want to use things like MeetMe or IAX
trunking.  These require a timing source.  This can take the form of a
hardware card *or* the ztdummy module, which provides said timing from a
Linux 2.6 kernel.

Last I heard, zaptel would not compile for a Xen domU.  Ian K might be
able to provide more insight, as I believe it was he who tried it.

-- Kevin