[TriLUG] mailing list software interfacing to AD

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:24:11 EDT 2006

If you just need Apache to auth to AD for login to the web app:
http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_ADS_AuthLDAP.txt and use mod_auth_ldap

If you need the app itself to auth (I've never done this) you'll
probably need to look into if the app can auth using ldap and if it
can, can it read the AD or will you have to tweak other things??  Just
ideas...

I use the Apache auth to AD in production here and it works great.

Even an app like Request Tracker I was able to use my AD users (b/c
the way RT is setup is that if you use any auth method through the
browser, it can pickup that username and if that username matches a
user in its database, it allows it in.  RT assumes if you can auth in
the browser, then you must be that person so it allows you to be that
person in RT.)

David McD