[TriLUG] Question for gmail users, performance problems lately?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:06:05 EDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Douglas Ward <dward at nccumc.org> wrote:
> Gmail has crashed a few times for me in the last week or so.  I noticed the
> service has blinkef offline a few times during the business day.  Spamcop,
> vox.schpider.com and sorbs.net have blacklisted it as well.

I've seen occasional gmail outages from time to time although not lately.

The problem I'm seeing is that interacting with the text box for
entering the contents of mail is painfully slow.  Other text boxes on
the same browser don't act the same way.  It seems to slow down if the
text in the email gets past a certain length.

I can't explain this unless they've somehow cranked up the usage of
ajax, or just javascript, so as to put something in the loop as I'm
typing.

I haven't seen any evidence of blacklisting.  That's one reason I HATE
spamcop, and it's ilk, or at least isps who blindly dump incoming mail
on those lists.  I'm happy to screen my own incoming spam without
someone throwing out legitimate mail without my knowledge or consent.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/