[TriLUG] debian broken package question

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:31:20 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install Zoneminder and the documentation makes it sound
oh-so-simple but in practice I'm finding that this is not the case.  I am
down to three broken dependancies (from a lot, so I'm happy with progress to
this point):

  zm: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) but 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge3 is to be installed
      Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.0.0-9) but 1:3.4.3-13 is to be installed
      Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.0.1) but 3.4.3-13 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

What are my options here?  Deinstall these three packages and try to install
from another location with the levels it wants or build the packages from
souce?  Any thoughts or ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Greg