[TriLUG] OT: looking for a UPS

Brian Bell bbell at kneecap.net
Tue Jun 6 21:50:29 EDT 2006

I have been using a CyberPower CPS1500AVR  1500VA/950 Watt UPS in my
home office for about 2.5 yrs now.
It is available at TigerDirect.com:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=261661&CatId=235
Runs about $220 it says.  I got mine at Best Buy but it doesn't show up
on their site when I just looked.

It may not be an APC system but, it has served me very well.  The
batteries are accessible via a snap-off front cover.  I haven't replaced
the batteries yet, but I have tested them and they seem to be still good
(they also worked fine when the storms glitched my power last week).

It comes with a rackmount kit, but I have it sitting vertically in the
provided stand.   It is currently supporting a Dell Dim. 4500, a Dell
PE600SC, 2 vonage adapters, 1 linksys router, a dell switch and my cable
modem.  Oh - and my two 17" LCD monitors.

Just my 2c.

Best regards,
Brian

--