[TriLUG] OT: looking for a UPS

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jun 7 07:23:14 EDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Michael Tharp wrote:

> replacing it would be very easy since you can just slide
> the front cover off, remove the wires from the spade
> terminals, and pop the battery right out; there aren't
> even any screws.

no-one seems to think replacing batteries is a problem. I
must have really old UPSs. I have 5 and everyone requires
lots of screws and sliding pieces apart. Since the batteries
fail every 2 years I wind up with a lost evening or two
replacing them.

I found the Cyberpower unit on Intrex's website. It's a lot
more UPS than I need (I need several small ones for each
room with a computer), but it does have hot pluggable
batteries, which is convenient.

Thanks Joe