[TriLUG] qemu and xen

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:19:01 EDT 2006

Hrm, that's very interesting.  You may want to try posting to
xen-users at lists.xensource.com .

qemu without the kernel module is used extensively for Xen.

I wonder if the driver hasn't been modified well enough to use
hypercalls instead of operations that won't work in a Xenofied Linux
kernel.  The dom0 and domU kernels run in ring 1.  I think I remember
reading something on the QEMU website about QEMU's not working with
Xen as well, but am certain that a modified userspace version of it
gets used for fully virtualized Xen domU's.

Hope this helps!
Andrew