[TriLUG] OT: signing NDA's

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Jun 11 19:09:36 EDT 2006

I have some work which will require me seeing proprietary
material (presumably source code, manuals, planning
documents, not sure quite what yet). I'm happy to sign an
NDA saying that I have "source code to X", "manual Y" etc,
when if there's any problem later we can all agree what
these were. They want me to sign a blanket NDA which could
be interpreted as knowing everything about the company. If
something goes wrong in the future, I want it to be clear to
everyone that I didn't see say "item Z". They aren't being
nasty or pushy about it, it's just the easiest thing for
them. I'm sure if I come up with something reasonable, like
I sign a for list of items that I've seen, they would be
happy with that too.

What do other people do here?

Thanks Joe