[TriLUG] CUPS and Ubuntu

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Jun 15 15:15:55 EDT 2006

I have been having issues attempting to share a printer from a Breezy
system to a Dapper system.

On the Breezy system I have edited /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to ADD a "Listen
192.168.0.99:631" line ( the Breezy machine is 99 ).  On the Dapper
machine, I then try to Add a Printer.  I select "Network Printer", and
since I doesn't allow me the option to browse, I enter
"ipp://192.168.0.99/printers/Deskjet-810C" which seems to be what it
wants.  I then select "HP" and "Deskjet 810C", and finish.

However, I can't seem to print a test page from the Dapper machine -- or
anything else, for that matter.

What have I done wrong, or missed, or?

Thanks,
Brian