[TriLUG] hello and mysql help please

jason watts jsnthegod at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 17 13:28:04 EDT 2006

i apreciate the help
i ran a search on the hd, and found the db directory, no idea were it was, i
saw it and hit delete.  it seems so far i am back to complete default
settings.  i went back to the start of the mysql install in my howto's and
have worked my way up to adding back the users... after i run the command
"select * from user;" i end up with 3 users, root, snort, and base... in
instructions say i should have four, root, snort, root, base... i didnt
think you could have 2 root users... didnt think you would be able to have
two user's in general with the same name... oh well, im thinking and hopeing
its just a typo

thanks for the help

and just so i know, what does the f stand for in the command you mentioned
"rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/mysql/"  i know the r stands for recursivly (right?)

jsn