[TriLUG] Open Source Consultants Needed

Mark R. Hinkle mrhinkle at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 19 14:39:56 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have some jobs I am trying to fill on a temp to perm basis. If you know
anyone that's interested please have them forward a resume to me. Any of you
guys who are out there on your own doing consulting and have some extra
cycles I would be glad to figure something out as well.  Job req. is below
my signature please feel to drop me an email with questions or your resume.

Regards,
Mark R. Hinkle
Vice President, Strategy and Business Development
Emu Software

Contact Information:

128 Towerview Court
Cary, NC 27513
Phone: 877.848.6100 x7006
Mobile: 919.522.3520
Email: mrhinkle at emusoftware.com

Download NetDirector from www.netdirector.org today.

Open Source Consultant - Temp to Perm

This position is a hourly contracted position that might yield full time
employment depending on the success of the earlier projects. All candidates
will be place through and IT contracting firm. Salary commensurate with
experience.

The open source consultant leads the delivery and implementation of the
consulting offerings for infrastructure projects developed. Engagements will
primarily be deployed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and RHCE certification is
required. The consultant will have superior technical and communication
skills in leading the installation and configuration of infrastructure
solutions hosted on Red Hat Linux, these will include Apache, Samba,
Sendmail, Bind, DHCP, Postfix, YUM repositories and others in addition to
commercial offerings such as Red Hat Satellite. The consultant's superb
technical and communication skills yield the successful construction and
delivery of the various deliverables that constitute a service offering:
reference architectures, proofs of concept, benchmarks, training sessions,
designs, automation programs or scripts, performance enhancements,
documentation, product patches.

Requirements

*
Excellent technical skills in Unix or Linux system configuration and
administration that includes some or all of these areas: networking,
security, kernel modules, open source and proprietary software tools for
monitoring and management, file systems, SAN storage, LDAP integration,
Linux kernel and module compilations, RPM packages creation and deployment,
authoring programs using scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, python, perl),
high availability clusters and cluster file systems (install, configure,
tune, test, administer).

*
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated experience
communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to
required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)

*
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)