[TriLUG] keyboard/mouse mapping question

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 10:26:01 EDT 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 06:17, William Sutton wrote:
> Any suggestions for how to make this work properly permanently?  I know
> it's doable because I've seen it work for extended periods in Red Hat and
> Mandrake; however I don't have any applicable configuration information to
> reference.

William,

Would both the mouse and keyboard be presenting themselves to the OS as
pointer devices? If so you might need two InputDevice Sections, one for the
real mouse, and one for the keyboard mouse. Only one would be the
CorePointer, but both should work just fine.

Here is an example, you will need to make some modifications for your
environment:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[0]"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/mouse"
  Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
  Option       "Protocol" "ps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
  Option       "InputFashion" "Mouse"
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
  Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  InputDevice  "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice  "Mouse[0]" "CorePointer"
  InputDevice  "Mouse[1]" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Ron