[TriLUG] keyboard/mouse mapping question

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sat Jun 24 00:43:09 EDT 2006

Oddly enough....reasonably duplicating the exact same device did the
trick:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
    Screen      0  "Display Merged" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse 1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice    "Mouse 0" "SendCoreEvents"
    InputDevice    "Keyboard 1" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard 1"
    Driver      "kbd"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse 0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse 1"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Also, I used different ZAxisMappings so that the mouse scroll scrolls
terminal windows and browser windows, while the keyboard scroll operates
command history and browser windows (I'm guessing PgUp/PgDn vs UpAr/DnAr).

Much appreciated.

--
William Sutton