[TriLUG] OT: shuttle launch & need C-Band digital satellite downlink

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Thu Jun 29 16:21:00 EDT 2006

Alan Porter wrote:

>> I am looking for a way to get NASA TV directly.
>>

> (1) internet - I watched the "Opportunity" land on Mars this way

This is a last resort.  The RealMedia servers fill up pretty quickly on
launch day, and the quality is no match for a honest to goodness TV feed.

> (2) cable TV - doesn't Raleigh cable show NASA TV from time to time?

As you said, "from time to time".  There is no guarantee that they will
have downlink during the launch, as I think they only grab certain
educational feeds and recap sessions.

That, and I don't subscribe to cable.

-- Kevin