[TriLUG] OT: Old Hard Drives

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:48:46 EDT 2006

Hi All,

As a result of a failed disk in a raid5 array I'm going to have a few
used hard drives with no place to live. I basically pulled out 3 good
60 GB seagate drives from my raid-5 array and the associated 3-ware
6500-4 series card. I've replaced the array with a linux software
raid1 using two 400 GB seagate drives that were on sale at BestBuy
this weekend.

I'm likely to have some 120GB drives in the near future from another
system too. Does anyone in the group know of a IRS qualified charities
that could use the drives? I'd also be open to purchase offers off
list too. I will be running badblocks and a drive wipe utility on the
drives prior to them leaving my possession.

Thanks

-Brian

--
/* insert witty comment here */