[TriLUG] [OT] C++ question: currency formatting like java NumberFormat in C++?

Doug Taggart lug at blackwizard.net
Thu Jul 13 13:25:22 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with something that I think should have
been easy for me to find.

I'm coding a C++ program.  I have a need to format a number for currency
display.

In Java, I would use this for a quick and dirty way of getting US
dollars (not checking for international stuff).

NumberFormat currency = NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance();

Then wherever I needed too I could.
currency.format(myNumericVariable)  into a section of code that
displayed the return value as nice nifty US dollars complete
with $, decimal point and ,'s as appropriate.

=====

I can't seem to find something similar as part of the standard c/c++
libraries, which I find hard to believe.
I'm sure I'm just not searching for the right terms, "NumberFormat",
"currency", "money", "formatting" etc..

Anyway, pointers appreciated..

Doug T