[TriLUG] Diskless Clients and Security

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Jul 14 08:35:43 EDT 2006

I need to setup a PXE env for diskless clients at work. We have an
internal network that is shared acrossed multiple departments here. I
want ONLY my departments diskless clients to connect to it. I'm familiar
with setting up the PXE, but I'm not 100% sure on securing this.

Has anyone a suggestion or two? I'm looking through the RHEL
documentation but no real security measures are discussed in detail.

Also, we will eventually have over 100 clients on this network, not
necessarily at one time, but there will be over 100 clients that will
need to connect. I need a secure solution on sharing the OS they will be
using.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Roy