[TriLUG] [OT] C++ question: currency formatting like java NumberFormat in C++?

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Jul 14 16:31:58 EDT 2006

Sorry to reply to this after the fact, but it was a case of getting to
the right book in the right place. Unfortunately I can't tell you
exactly what to do, but I can try to point you in the right direction.
What you need to look at is locales and facets ... search for "c++
locale facet" in Google and you'll come up some stuff.

Also, if you have access to "The C++ Standard Library" by Josuttis there
is some info in the internationalization section.

I'm interested, so if I have a chance I'll send out an example if I have
a chance to put one together. Unfortunately I don't understand this yet,
so I'm much in the same boat.

Owen