[TriLUG] ISCSI SAN

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Jul 18 10:32:54 EDT 2006

Hello Triluger's,

I've been tasked with finding our company a SAN.  Currently we've
looked at EMC & Lefthandnetworks.  Were leaning towards ISCSI,
corporate is a complete Windows shop, but we here in Raleigh are
almost completely Linux.  So I need to find something that plays nice.
 I thought about using openfiler(iscsi-target) and rolling my own, but
I don't think corporate will buy into it.  Anyone have any
suggestions/comments?  Direct experience comments appreciated, as
opposed to why don't you just use "Samba" comments :) Also if anyone
has a contact at Netapp let me know, I plan to look at them as well.

Thanks

Matt P.