[TriLUG] Xen networking

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Jul 19 14:23:17 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 01:23:24PM -0400, Matt Frye wrote:
> On 7/19/06, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
>
> >I can not get into the domU with any of ports 53, 80 and 443, although
> >I can get out with any of them.
>
> If those services are available, you should be able to get to them
> without a problem.  If "getting out" means using a client for the same
> function, than these actions aren't comparable.  What means are you
> using to test whether the ports are open?

lkashdgalskgh!

The one in particular that I was testing with was my "new" DNS server,
being moved to the Xen machine.  However, it seems that named was not
actually running, which means that nothing I could do would respond on
port 53!

> Check the ports from localhost nmap.  Then nmap from a remote host.

I only needed to do localhost, but I checked the dom0 as well.

Thanks Matt, I'll go away now.

Just by the way, so the vif#.# ports don't need addresses?

> MPF

B-)