[TriLUG] linksys linux router question

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 24 08:57:10 EDT 2006

New Firmware.

Personally, I like to use upper level ports (and redirect them to the
proper ports internally) for common services like SMTP and SSH. This
by-passess most of the crufty auto-scannering bots that are out there.
  port 7735 ==> 25 internal machine 192.168.1.11
  port 7832 ==> 22 internal machine 192.168.1.11

Then you can simply do a check from your internal box and drop the
connection if it is not from an approved range.

Jon